Whether you are installing a new fence or replacing a worn-out one, there are several important questions you will want to ask expert fence contractors . The first thing you will want to do is arrange a consultation with the contractors at your home. The reason you want to host the meeting is so that the contractors can see your property and help gain a better understanding of your needs.
- What types of fencing materials do you install?
There are different types of fencing materials, from wood and composites to aluminum and iron. You want to choose a material that will best meet your needs.
- Do you have a list of references I can contact?
Reputable contractors will have a list of reference you can contact to get feedback about the contractor and their workmanship.
- Do you have a portfolio of completed projects I can see?
Expert contractors will take pictures, with the homeowner’s permission, of their finished projects and share these with prospective customers.
- Are you licensed and insured, and can you provide proof?
You want to make sure the contractor is licensed and insured. They should be willing to provide you a copy of their license and insurance coverage.
- Do you obtain any necessary building permits or do I?
Experienced fence installers will normally obtain any necessary permits, but, sometimes, they may require you to do so.
- Do you provide a written itemized quote?
Trustworthy contractors will be happy to provide a written itemized quote for your fence installation project.
- Are there any hidden or additional charges I need to be aware of?
It is recommended you require the contractor to include these in the itemized quote so everything is clear and concise.
- What type of warranty is offered for the fence?
Certain fencing materials will include a limited warranty against defects, and you need to know what is and is not covered.
- What type of warranty is there on workmanship?
Most contractors will offer a warranty on workmanship because they want their customers to be happy with the finished fence.
- Do you offer finishing services?
Some people want their fence painted or stained after it is installed. If you do, then you will want to know if your contractor can do this work, too.
- Will you haul my old fence away?
If you are having an old fence replaced, you need to know if you’ll have to make arrangements to dispose of the old fence.
- Do you contact local utilities or do I?
Your utility companies will need to be contacted prior to installing a fence so they can mark water lines and electrical and cable lines.
By asking these and any other questions you might have during your consultation, you can find the best Austin fence installers and contractors, like us at Barrier Fence. We invite you to contact us at (512) 354-4409 to schedule a consultation appointment today
Business owners need to look for cost-effective ways to keep their employees, guests, and property safe. In light of recent acts of violence, the seriousness of increasing security at private and public businesses and other facilities should be a top priority.
To help give you a better idea of how the right commercial fence installed by our Austin fence company could help your business, consider the following scenarios:
- A new office complex is to break ground and start construction. To keep out people during construction and keep workers safe, a commercial fence can provide added protection. In addition, once the complex is finalized, the fence can remain in place to continue to provide added security.
- Teenagers are hopping over a small fence around the community pool and using it after hours, creating safety concerns . The community HOA (homeowners’ association) could have a taller commercial fence installed to stop this problem.
- The side of a restaurant is being tagged (spray painted) overnight, and the owner is getting tired of cleanup costs. Installing a fence around the perimeter of the property, along with a security gate that can be closed, could alleviate this issue.
- A local manufacturing facility is noticing an increase in employee vehicle vandalism, especially during the overnight third shift. To keep vandals out, installing the right commercial fence with a security gate will help protect the employees’ vehicles.
- A business owner notices the company dumpster is being filled with trash that is not its own. Installing a commercial fence and enclosure around the dumpster will prevent this from continuing.
- Your customers are complaining they are being bothered by people walking by your outdoor patio at your restaurant. Installing a commercial privacy fence will remedy this problem and provide a private area for your customers to unwind, relax, and enjoy their meals without interruptions.
- our business keeps being broken into, even though you have hired security guards, installed CCTV cameras, and set an alarm. Without a commercial fence around the property, there are just too many access points for robbers to gain entry to your building. Installing the right fence can keep robbers out and further supplement your other security measures.
- Your employees are complaining they can never find any parking in your parking lot. Upon further research, you discover non-employees are parking their vehicles in your lot because they don’t want to pay for parking. Installing a commercial fence with an automated security gate will keep out non-employees.
- A local daycare wants to have a single point of access to the campus for non-students, vendors, and other visitors. Installing a commercial fence around the perimeter of the campus, along with security gates, can limit access and help keep students and staff safer.
As you can see, there are all sorts of different scenarios where the security of your business, property, employees, and guests can be affected without the added protection a commercial fence can bring.
To learn more about what commercial fence installation in Austin, TX and the surrounding areas would be best for your business or commercial property, please feel free to contact Barrier Fence at (512) 354-4409 today!
Iron fences in Austin are exposed to a variety of elements and temperatures year round. The hot Texas summers can cause dark colored fences to start fading, thanks to the bleaching properties of the sun’s UV rays. The protective coatings and paint on the fence can get scratches and nicks, exposing the bare metal, which can lead to rust.
Fortunately, there are several things you can to maintain your iron fence and the charming beauty it adds to your home.
- Inspect the entire fence carefully at least once a year. Performing an annual inspection helps you identify potential problems and resolve them before your fence is damaged further. Do a walk around and look for missing caps, broken or bent hardware, signs of rust, and chips, nicks, and scratches where bare metal is exposed.
- Wash and wax your fence. You can use car wash soap to clean dust, dirt, bugs, and debris off the fence. After it is washed, you can apply a gel-type car wash wax to help provide an added layer of protection against the sun’s UV rays and fading. It is best to do this early in the spring before the hot summer days arrive.
- Cut back vegetation and vines from around the fence. Climbing vines and plants can look pretty when they intertwine with the fence. However, these things can slowly erode away the protective powder coat and paint protecting the metal against rust.
- Avoid getting the fence wet intentionally when sprinkling your yard. Make sure your sprinklers are set so they do not hit the fence. This added water remains on the fence longer and could help promote corrosion and rust.
- Address rust spots as soon as you find them. Rust spots mean the bare metal layer of the fence has been exposed to moisture and air. You will need to sand off the rust spots using sandpaper. Make sure they are completely removed. Wipe down the areas where there was rust to remove rust dust. Then touch up the spots by painting over them.
- Paint faded fences to restore their vibrancy. If your black fence is now light gray or your white fence looks pale and dull, it is time to give your fence a fresh coat of paint. Make sure to fix and resolve any rust spots ahead of time. If the paint is peeling, cracking or bubbling in different areas, make sure to sand this area down to the bare metal to remove these types of imperfections.
- Replace bent, damaged, or rusting hardware. If you notice fasteners, gate openers, or other hardware on the fence that is in need of repair, it can be easier and faster to just replace it with compatible hardware.
If you are finding your ornamental iron fence is requiring more and more maintenance every year, it may be time to replace it with a new one. For fence repairs, replacement, and new installations, please feel free to contact Barrier Fence at (512) 354-4409 for a free fencing quote today
There are two general options available when you want to install a privacy fence around your backyard or another area of the home: wood and metal. Both have the advantages and disadvantages you need to be aware of to help you decide which fencing material is best for your needs.
Wood is a popular choice for many homeowners. Wood comes in a variety of different styles, from pine to cedar. It can be stained to bring out the natural beauty of the wood or painted to complement the exterior colors of the home. Other advantages include:
- Wood is easier to work with than metal. You can cut wood if you need to alter its size during installation.
- Wood is easier to install. You only need screws or nails to secure fence sections to the posts.
- Wood tends to have a lower upfront cost than metal.
- Fence repairs can be easier. If part of a wood fence needs to be repaired because panels were damaged or posts need to be replaced, you only have to fix that part of the fence.
Even with these benefits, there are some drawbacks to wood fences you should know.
- Wood requires regular maintenance. You will need to stain or paint the fence annually to help maintain its appearance and protect the wood against rot and pests.
- Wood will eventually wear out and need to be replaced. Even with regular maintenance, the elements will win out and require you to install a new fence at some point.
You have several options available in metal from aluminum to wrought iron and chain link. Some of the benefits of choosing a metal fence for your home include:
- Metal fences require little-to-no maintenance. The metals are coated to help prevent corrosion and rust.
- Metal fences can be sturdier in extreme weather. Chain link and wrought iron perform better against high winds, hail, and other types of severe weather.
- Metal fences can last longer than wood. Metal is more durable and tends to last for a longer period of time.
Just like wood fences, metal fences do have their drawbacks, too.
- Metal fences have a higher initial upfront investment. While they do cost a bit more, keep in mind your maintenance costs are less and the fence does last longer.
- Metal fence designs can limit the styles and types of fences for your home.
- Fence repairs could be more cumbersome. Metal fences normally come in panel sections, and if part of a section is damaged the entire panel has to be replaced.
Both wood and metal have specific benefits and disadvantages. If you are “on the fence” about which material to use, an alternative option some people are using is a mixture of metal and wood to create unique fence designs for their homes.
For assistance in choosing the right fence materials or to request a free quote for fence installation in Austin, TX, please feel free to contact Barrier Fence at (512) 354-4409 today!
There are several common fence repair tools you need if you want to fix your fence on your own as a “DIY” project. It is important you have access to these tools ahead of time, to ensure your fence is properly and correctly repaired.
- Drill: If you are using screws to secure the fencing together, you will want a drill to remove old screws, as well as to pre-tap new holes for new screws.
- Drill Bits: You will need drill bits to pre-tap new holes for nails or screws.
- Screw-Tip Drill Bits: These types of bits are great to use for screwing or unscrewing screws.
- Screws or Nails: You will need the right type of fencing screws and nails to secure new or existing fencing to posts after making repairs.
- Shovel: A shovel is necessary when you need to replace damaged fence posts. Even if you use a digging tool, spreading and moving the dirt is much easier with a shovel.
- Hammer: If you are working with wood fencing, you will need a hammer to remove or pound in new nails.
- Safety Goggles: You need to protect your eyes from flying debris.
- Gloves: You also need to protect your hands from splinters, sharp edges, and so on.
- Pliers: Pliers are great to have to get to hard-to-reach and tiny parts and components. Pliers also work great if you have to fix a gate and need to hold a nut in place while tightening a bolt.
- Post-Hole Digger/Auger: These tools help make digging new fence post holes easier and faster.
- Digging Bar: This tool works wonders when you need to loosen the dirt around fence posts that need to be replaced, as well as for lifting them out of the ground.
- Fencing: You will need ample fencing, fence posts, and other such materials to fix broken and damaged fences.
- Cutting Tools: You will need various cutting tools to cut new sections of fencing. These could include a circular saw, metal cutters, and others, depending on the type of fencing you have.
- Level: If you want to verify the fence remains level while making repairs, you need this tool.
- Paint or Stain: If you are fixing wood fencing, you will want to seal any new sections or posts you add.
- Painting/Staining Supplies: You will need paint brushes, rollers, and other such supplies to seal new fencing sections and posts.
- Trailer or Wagon: You will want a trailer or wagon to haul all of your tools and replacement fencing to where you need to work.
You do need to keep in mind that the types of tools you will require are based on the type of fence you have installed and what repairs are required. As such, you may need additional tools not listed here to fix your fence. For instance, you might need a welding torch for making certain ornamental metal fence repairs.
If you lack these tools or the scope of the repair is beyond your abilities, you can get help from our qualified fence contractors. For more information about fence repairs or new installations, please feel free to contact Barrier Fence at (512) 354-4409 today!
Having a wooden fence installed on your property is a wise decision. Not only can it act as a privacy fence, a solid wooden fence can also transform your overall yard. Yet, not all wooden fences are equal. To ensure the money you spend on a fence doesn’t go to waste, it’s important to make sure that the wooden fence is designed and installed with durability and longevity in mind. Keep reading to learn about the must-have components for a long-lasting fence.
Use a Durable Hard Wood
Wood fences can be made out of a variety of different materials. On average, wooden fences last for about 20 years. The life expectancy of a fence can be even higher if high-quality wood is used.
There are several kinds of wood that hold up much longer than others. One of the best options is red cedar. This type of wood is resistant to insect infestation, moisture, and rot. As an added benefit, red cedar wood is a beautiful color.
Other durable woods to consider for a wooden Austin fence include white oak, black locust, and even tropical hardwoods. These woods are quite strong and can withstand the test of time.
Durable Fence Components
A fence is much stronger when it’s supported by quality fence posts. Like the fence itself, the posts should also be made out of a durable wood. For a 6-foot-tall fence, the posts need to be dug at least two feet into the ground. To keep the posts in place, concrete should be used to set the posts, which will also protect them from rot.
During installation, the fence should be supported with the proper hardware. All hardware used, including the nails, screws, and connectors, should be exterior-grade. Exterior-grade hardware is resistant to rust and any other corrosion caused by the elements. Having the right hardware from the get-go makes your fence much less susceptible to durability issues because of rusty screws or cheap connectors.
Your Go-To Austin Fence Company
Working with the right fence contractors will make your fence project a breeze. A quality fence company will use the necessary materials and components to ensure your fence is long-lasting. If you’re looking for a reputable and experienced fencing company, look no further than our team at Barrier Fence. Not only do we offer wood fencing in Austin, TX, we also install chain link fencing, as well as ornamental iron fence.
Don’t trust just any company with fence installation in Austin, TX. With Barrier Fence, you’ll have peace of mind that your fence is built using solid materials and that we use the best fence installation techniques. No matter if you’re looking for iron fence in Austin or chain link fencing in Austin, you can count on us! Contact us at (512) 709-8467 to request an estimate.
One of the biggest ways to celebrate the holiday season is by decorating our homes inside and out. There’s nothing more festive than lights, garlands, and wreaths. If you want to take your decorations to a whole new level this year, don’t leave out your fence ! No matter if you have a wooden fence or an ornamental iron fence, it’s the perfect blank canvas that you can accessorize to finish off your outdoor holiday look. Keep reading for holiday decor options that are sure to wow everyone who passes your home.
When you think of holiday decorations, you probably immediately think of lights. Lights are one of the easiest and most exciting ways to add some color and sparkle to your fence. They can be draped, or you can use lights to outline the length of your privacy fence. For a classic and elegant look, use white lights. On the other hand, if you’re all about colors when decorating for the holidays, use multi-colored lights. You can even use twinkle or icicle lights for a unique effect.
Be sure you have a long extension cord available, as well as electric tape and saran wrap to protect the light outlets. If you’re hanging lights on an iron or chain link fencing in Austin, you’ll need to be extra careful to prevent the lights from breaking.
Garlands & Wreaths
Fresh garlands accessorized with bows, lights, and even ornaments will make your fence look beautiful. You can choose to drape garlands over the entire length of the fence or create swags that are equally spaced. Garlands work best on longer fences. If you don’t have a lot of fence to decorate, hanging a wreath is a beautiful addition. A statement wreath with a big bow or mini lights adds a nice touch to the outskirts of your lawn.
Use Wooden Letters
A fence is the perfect backdrop to add a holiday greeting. You can find wooden letters at a local craft store. Paint them colors that match your outdoor decor. Be sure to spell out a word such as noel, joy, or merry. Wooden letters will look great on any fence but can add a rustic touch to a modern iron fence in Austin. For an added touch, accent the letters with garlands, lights, or both!
Count on Us for Your Austin Fence Needs
It’s the holiday season, and there’s nothing wrong with treating yourself to a new or improved fence! Once springtime comes back around, you can enjoy your outdoor oasis with the added privacy of a fence. If you’re looking for fence contractors to install or repair your fence, look no further than Barrier Fence. We specialize in wood fencing in Austin TX as well as iron gates in Austin.
At Barrier Fence, we have a combined 125 years of experience in fence installation in Austin TX. You can count on our Austin fence company to install fences of all shapes, sizes, and materials. Contact us today at (512) 709-8467 to learn more about fencing options.
A lot of thought goes into choosing the right fence for your home. Before you spend your hard-earned dollars, you’ll want to ensure that you have thought out all of the important factors. Here are 3 steps you’ll want to follow to properly replace your fence.
1. Determine Your Wants and Needs
When it comes to fences, there are all sorts of options to choose from. The most commonly used fencing materials include wood, chain link, and iron ornamental fences. Before deciding on a type of fence, you’ll need to determine your wants and needs. You’ll want to think about details such as:
- What is my budget?
- What style of fence do I prefer?
- What’s the purpose of the fence?
If you have a small budget but want a fence to protect your yard and pet, a chain link fence suffices. Or, if you’re looking for a fence to add a touch of class and elegance to your home, an iron ornamental fence may be the ideal option. You’ll want to know all of the small details to ensure you’re making the best decision.
2. Find a Quality Fence Contractor
Once you’ve narrowed down the type of fence you want, you’ll want to find a fence company in Austin, TX . The contractor you choose should be reputable and experienced in installing fences of all types. In the local area, Barrier Fence is a reliable option.
Be sure that the company offers the type of fence that you want. When searching for a quality contractor:
- Determine how long the company has been in business.
- Look at before and after photos.
- Read customer reviews.
- Ask for referrals from friends, family members, and neighbors.
The right fence company can make or break your project. You don’t want to spend thousands on a fence only to have it fall short of expectations. Be sure that the contractor you choose is customer-focused and reliable.
3. Let the Professionals Handle the Rest
Take time to communicate with each potential company. Be sure to express your fence needs as well as your budget and timeline. A reputable company will come to your property for an in-person physical inspection. Many companies offer free estimates to ensure that your project needs fall within your budget. Once you’ve selected a contractor, you can let their professionals handle the rest. In just a few days, you’ll have the fence you’ve always wanted.
Barrier Fence: Serving Austin, TX
At Barrier Fence, you can rely on us to support your fence project from beginning to end. We will work with you to ensure that we stay within your budget while meeting all of your fence needs. No matter if you want a 6-foot wooden fence to secure your backyard or a decorative iron fence to beautify your home, you can depend on us!
Call us today at (512) 709-8467 to discuss your project and to receive a free no-hassle estimate.
You’ve decided that you need a fence but, before you get started on this project, you want to ensure that you’ve thought everything through. Before spending thousands on residential fencing in Austin , ensure that you have all of the information you need to make the best decision. Here are 4 questions to ask before installing a fence.
1. Do I Need a New Fence?
If you already have a fence, you may want to consider the benefits of repairing versus replacing it. Having a new fence installed will cost you thousands of dollars. On the other hand, repairing a fence is much less costly and much quicker of a process. If you’re happy with the type of fence you have and have a small budget, consider repair services. However, if you want a new fence, a new fence is the best option.
2. What’s My Budget?
Fences can be pricey, depending on the size of the area needing to be fenced. According to Home Advisor, the average cost of a fence is just over $2,700. Before deciding on a fence, consider your budget. Various factors impact the cost of your project, including:
- Material used
- Height of fence
- Size of area needing to be fenced
- Land condition (ie., hills, slopes, etc.)
Your budget will drive the type of fence that you choose. Ensure that the fence you want meets your needs without breaking the bank.
3. What Kind of Fence Is Ideal?
There are all sorts of fencing options. Many fence companies offer various materials, including wood, iron, and chain link. Fences can also be installed with different types of gates, heights, and decorative pieces. Before deciding on a fence, figure out which option is best for you.
Wood fences are ideal for privacy. These fences are also durable and easy to maintain. If you’re looking for a new fence on a budget, chain link may be more ideal. For a fence that adds an aesthetic appeal to your home, consider a decorative iron fence.
4. Are There Any Restrictions?
Every home is different. If you live in a community with a homeowners association (HOA), you may be limited in the type of fence you can have installed on your property. If you don’t have an HOA, you may want to consider any neighbors. You may need to use some of your neighbor’s fence to properly fence your yard. Be sure to talk with your neighbor before making a decision.
A Company for All of Your Fence Needs
Once you’ve figured out all the details, you’re ready to get started. DIYing a fence can be time-consuming and overly difficult. Ensure your project turns out right the first time by hiring a professional fence company.
If you’re looking for a reputable fence company in Austin, TX , look no further than Barrier Fence. We specialize in all types of fences and can work within your budget. Contact us today at (512) 709-8467 to discuss your project.
Investing in your property is costly. You want to ensure that your thousands of dollars go to good use. With the right fencing contractor, you can rely on having a fence that protects and amplifies the look of your home. Even better, the fence will last for years to come!
Looking for commercial or residential fencing Austin Texas? If so, here are 4 tips to finding the best fencing contractor.
1. Online Research
The internet is a goldmine of information. If you’re looking for fence installation in Austin , the best place to start your search is online.
Chances are you’ll find dozens of local fencing companies. To narrow down your options:
- Learn about the company’s history
- Look at the quality of the website
- Ensure contact information is available
If you want the best service, you’ll want to choose a company that’s well-known in the area. Reputable companies likely have years of experience and a long list of satisfied customers. A quality company will also take the time to create a well-designed website that provides company information, such as an About Us page and contact information.
2. Read Customer Testimonials
Any company can give itself a positive face, but the real proof is always found in customer testimonials. Online sites such as Google Reviews and Yelp are ideal for finding reviews. Highly satisfied customers are likely to speak highly of the company and recommend them.
On the other hand, if you find nothing but negative reviews, steer clear!
Aside from customer reviews, you can also check the company’s reputation with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Here you can see the company’s BBB rating as well as any open claims and complaints.
3. Look at Before & After Photos
A fencing company that is proud of its work will post before and after photos. Browse through the company’s website and look at any images that have been posted.
Does the work look high quality? Does the company install a variety of fencing types?
As the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
4. Schedule an In-Person Estimate
You’ll get the best feel for a company after speaking to one of its employees in person. A quality fencing company will provide a free or low-cost estimate. Avoid companies that have set rates or offer prices without first seeing your property. During the consultation, ask any questions or concerns you have. The estimator should be knowledgeable and courteous.
Barrier Fence: A Trusted Fencing Contractor
No matter if you’re looking for a chain link or ornamental iron fence in Austin , you can count on our company. The team at Barrier Fence has more than 125 years of combined experience. You can depend on us for fast quality service, all while staying within your budget.
Ready to schedule an estimate? Contact us at (512) 709-8467. We look forward to securing your home!
- Fence Related
- Community Related
- Austin fence
- Fence contractors
- Privacy Fence
- Protect fencing from termites
- White Picket Fence
- Fence restoration
- Repair your fence
- Termites fence damage
- Fence maintenance
- Benefits wooden fence
- Components strong wooden fence
- Summer fence care
- Soft woods
- Benefits fence
- Install new fence