Common Fence Repair Tools Required to Fix Fences
There are several common fence repair tools you need if you want to fix your fence on your own as a “DIY” project. It is important you have access to these tools ahead of time, to ensure your fence is properly and correctly repaired.
- Drill: If you are using screws to secure the fencing together, you will want a drill to remove old screws, as well as to pre-tap new holes for new screws.
- Drill Bits: You will need drill bits to pre-tap new holes for nails or screws.
- Screw-Tip Drill Bits: These types of bits are great to use for screwing or unscrewing screws.
- Screws or Nails: You will need the right type of fencing screws and nails to secure new or existing fencing to posts after making repairs.
- Shovel: A shovel is necessary when you need to replace damaged fence posts. Even if you use a digging tool, spreading and moving the dirt is much easier with a shovel.
- Hammer: If you are working with wood fencing, you will need a hammer to remove or pound in new nails.
- Safety Goggles: You need to protect your eyes from flying debris.
- Gloves: You also need to protect your hands from splinters, sharp edges, and so on.
- Pliers: Pliers are great to have to get to hard-to-reach and tiny parts and components. Pliers also work great if you have to fix a gate and need to hold a nut in place while tightening a bolt.
- Post-Hole Digger/Auger: These tools help make digging new fence post holes easier and faster.
- Digging Bar: This tool works wonders when you need to loosen the dirt around fence posts that need to be replaced, as well as for lifting them out of the ground.
- Fencing: You will need ample fencing, fence posts, and other such materials to fix broken and damaged fences.
- Cutting Tools: You will need various cutting tools to cut new sections of fencing. These could include a circular saw, metal cutters, and others, depending on the type of fencing you have.
- Level: If you want to verify the fence remains level while making repairs, you need this tool.
- Paint or Stain: If you are fixing wood fencing, you will want to seal any new sections or posts you add.
- Painting/Staining Supplies: You will need paint brushes, rollers, and other such supplies to seal new fencing sections and posts.
- Trailer or Wagon: You will want a trailer or wagon to haul all of your tools and replacement fencing to where you need to work.
You do need to keep in mind that the types of tools you will require are based on the type of fence you have installed and what repairs are required. As such, you may need additional tools not listed here to fix your fence. For instance, you might need a welding torch for making certain ornamental metal fence repairs.
If you lack these tools or the scope of the repair is beyond your abilities, you can get help from our qualified fence contractors. For more information about fence repairs or new installations, please feel free to contact Barrier Fence at (512) 354-4409 today!
- Fence Related
- Community Related
- Austin fence
- Fence contractors
- Privacy Fence
- Protect fencing from termites
- White Picket Fence
- Fence restoration
- Repair your fence
- Termites fence damage
- Fence maintenance
- Benefits wooden fence
- Components strong wooden fence
- Summer fence care
- Soft woods
- Benefits fence
- Install new fence